An application stops responding, experiences low performance, or experiences high privileged CPU usage if many large I/O operations are performed in Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2
Consider the following scenario:
- You have a computer that is running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2.
- The computer has many logical processors.
- You run an application that performs many large I/O operations. For example, you run Microsoft SQL Server Data Warehousing.
In this scenario, you may experience one of the following issues:
- The application stops responding
- Low performance in the application
- High CPU usage in the privileged mode